Director of the Centre for Foundation Studies in Management of UUM, Prof Dr Abd Razak Yaakub said all the new students are set to begin their foundation studies in Management for three consecutive semesters over the period of one year.
He added that in order to monitor the students’ progress in the programme, the students will be assessed through 60 per cent of coursework and the remaining 40 per cent of final examination, in which the overall percentage will determine whether the students pass or fail that particular semester.
"The students will receive exceptional guidance from UUM professors and senior lecturers with experiences in teaching and learning. I am confident that this programme will produce human capital with a high intellectual capability level at a young age.
"I congratulate all the students who are present here and successfully securing a place to study in the Foundation Studies programme, in preparation to enrol into Bachelor Degree programmes offered by UUM," he said this at the Parent and Student special meeting held at the Student Accommodation Centre (SAC), recently.
Besides that, a special briefing was given to the parents and guardians of the students by Prof Dr Abd Razak, who represented the Vice-Chancellor of UUM, Prof Dato' Wira Dr Mohamed Mustafa Ishak. A question and answer session was also held to provide parents and guardians the opportunity to address their concerns about the programme itself as well as the amenities available on campus.
Also present at the ceremony were Deputy Director (Academic) Centre for Foundation Studies in Management, Assoc Prof Dr Munif Zarirruddin Fikri Nordin and university senior officials.
Translated by Nurul Nazifah Mat Noh
CORPORATE COMMUNICATION UNIT
UNIVERSITI UTARA MALAYSIA
TEL.: 04-928 3042/3047/3050
FAX: 04-928 3053
FACEBOOK: Universiti Utara Malaysia (Official FB)