Doctor of Business Administration (DBA)
GENERAL ENTRY REQUIREMENT
- A master’s degree from Universiti Utara Malaysia or any other institutions of higher learning recognised by the University or any other equivalent qualifications recognised by the University;
- Have a minimum of five (5) years of work experience relevant to the chosen area of specialisation; and
- Fulfilthe English language requirement. OR
- Senior Managers with a bachelor’s degree from any institutions of higher learning recognised by the University with at least ten (10) years of relevant work experience and passed the Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning (APEL) (Level 8).
Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) is offered by coursework and dissertation with 82 credit hours which comprises the following:
Business Fields (15 credit hours)
BDAK8033 Accounting Practice and Regulation
BDFM8013 Corporate Financial Strategy
BDHS7013 Leadership and Organizational Effectiveness
BDMF8013 Global Economic and Business Issues
BDMM8033 Global Strategic Marketing and Competitive Analysis
Research Method (9 credit hours)
BDMR8013 Business Research and Methodology
(students must pass this course as a pre-requisite before being allowed to register for BDMI8013 Research Proposal Construction)
BDMR8053 Data Analysis
BDMI 8013 Research Proposal Construction
Business Electives (6 credit hours)
Choose any two (2) courses from the following:
BDME8033 Seminar in Corporate Entrepreneurship
BDMF8043 Seminar in International Business
BDMF8053 Seminar in Business and Sustainability
BDMH 8013 Strategic Human Resource Management
BDMH8023 Business Negotiations
BDMM8043 Contemporary Issues in Marketing
BDMN8033 Organizational Change Management
BDMN8043 Managing Strategy and Innovation
Consultation (3 credit hours)
BDMX8023 Business Consultation
Dissertation (49 credit hours)
DBA students are also required to:
- present their research work at colloquiums arranged by Othman Yeop Abdullah Graduate School of Business;
- defend their research proposals successfully to a committee;
- produce at least one (1) case study or article by choosing either Option A or Option B, before viva voce.
- Option A: Publish at least one (1) case study; OR
- Option B: Publish at least one (1) article, which is published in a referred journal/professional business magazine (example: Malaysian Business, Marketeers, Accounts Today, The Asian Banker, HRM Asia, INSURANCE).
- The article or case study can either be produced individually or co-authored only with and consented by the supervisor(s).
- The article or case study accepted or published must be based on the DBA candidate’s
- The article or case study must be accepted or published during the candidacy.
- The article or case study must be accepted or published before a viva-voce session